REGISTRATION - Grief in Later Life: Helping Seniors Face Loss
Grief in Later Life: Helping Seniors Face Loss
Free workshop on:
Tuesday, May 9, 2023 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
Wednesday, May 10, 2023 8:30 a.m. – 12:00 p.m.
About The Conference
While the old adage reminds us only death and taxes are the immutable laws of life, if we live long enough, it makes sense that we also all face older age. With aging, however, comes a multitude of losses. Of course, the deaths of many loved ones over a lifetime are obvious losses, but older adults also face the losses of mobility, health, financial freedom, and close relationships. This workshop will help caregiving professionals better understand the “accumulated grief” of older age and discover proven skills for intervening in positive, evidence-based ways to enhance the lives of older adults who are facing loss. Learners will be able to use current clinical bereavement models and contemporary strategies to better assess and intervene with bereaved clients and patients.
Charles F. Snyder
Funeral Home & Crematory
2421 Willow Street Pike
Willow Street, PA 17584
Who Should Attend?
This conference is for, but not limited to, social workers, counselors, chaplains, clergy/ pastors, therapists, long-term care or hospice and palliative care professionals, nurses, volunteers, funeral directors and after care workers, and Stephen Ministers.
Dr. William G. (Bill) Hoy
Dr. Patti Anewalt
At the conclusion of this conference, participants will be able to:
- Identify late life losses that contribute to cumulative grief for seniors
- Apply contemporary bereavement models to the issues of late life bereavement
- Differentiate normal late life bereavement experiences from more severe clinical depression or anxiety disorders
- Utilize strategies for assessing and intervening practically in late life bereavement
8:00 a.m. – Breakfast & Registration
- Stage of “Old Age” and Developmental Tasks
- The Complexity of Late Life Loss: “Cumulative Grief”
11:45 a.m. – Closing Remarks
Costs And Registration
Charles F. Snyder Funeral Home & Crematory is sponsoring this unique educational conference free of charge. Registration deadline is April 21, 2023. Register early; space is limited. Confirmation with directions will be sent upon receipt of registration.
- Continental breakfast
- Lecture and conference materials
- Continuing Education Credits (3 hours
- Hospice & Community Care is an approved provider of continuing Funeral Director’s education by the State Board of Funeral Directors.
- This activity has been approved for 3.0 SW, LPC and M&FT CEUs by the PA State Board of Social Workers, Marriage & Family Therapists & Professional Counselors. Full attendance is required. No partial credit is available.
Contact Daliah Ferko at 717-560-5100.